Charger Schematic Is My NI-CD Charger Working?

|

Is my NI-CD charger working? - charger schematic

Hello, I built this charger Ni-CD on a model that I am in a book.
the circuit involved in the positive terminal of the battery is connected to rail + Food is at the negative end, Vin connected to a voltage regulator. It is connected to a resistor between Vout and ground.
This acts as a constant source of power - "suck", a current through the battery.

in the current with 50 mA to Ni-Cd battery with 4 cells. The battery is not charged for 8 years.
If I, the battery is heated in a minute. Is this normal?

1 comments:

proteus8... said...

What I propose, I would say that the charger works. The battery is another story.

NiCd batteries are for the development of short circuits between the terminals of the battery cell is known (especially older people who do not) about the advantage of the new manufacturing technology. If you get through the battery charge current, then you can not open cells.

Bill is asked about the voltage of the cell, we should concentrate on. You should have about 1.2 V per cell. If you are under that, then you can estimate the number of cells in a word, while the battery voltage at idle and divided by 1.2. This gives an indication of the number of work-cells.

If you find that one or more cells are shorted, you can open to "try their pants, but I would not recommend this procedure. It can be dangerous and I've never heard of someone who has had remarkable success in this area. At best, can hope to receive several cycles of loading and unloading of the dead cells.

Thus, while the current load, youshould focus on the battery to see what happens.

Post a Comment